Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas gifts for a friend

I made a box of Christmas treats for my old friend Brenda, and yesterday they arrived safely in Texas. A whole lot of crocheting, and a little bit of cross stitch too....

I made another Around the Bases CAL afghan, this time for Brenda...may she and her family be warm all winter long. This is one very heavy blanket, again using scrap yarn.

The center for this afghan is highlighted here. I chose a quartet of flower blocks for my sunny friend. She is thrilled, warms my heart.

And for her tree... Heart in Hand Woodland Peace on 32 ct Country Grain Belfast linen :-)

1 comment:

Hazel said...

I have been absent too for a while but it is lovely to come back and see your posts Carol. I love the crochet. Very nice colour choices and the Peace ornie is wonderful too. All the best for the upcoming year. x